Jubilo Foundation are pleased to announce the third edition of the I Am workshop programme, developed in collaboration with and with the support of the Grotowski Institute. The main aim of the programme is to deliver a series of workshops articulated within the different areas of the company’s theatrical practice in order to develop and present the participants with the full spectrum of the ensemble’s methodology.
I Am. Action – 23-25/04/2021
I Am. Relation – 28-30/05/2021
I Am. Voice – 25-27/06/2021
I Am. Community – 24-26/09/2021 7:00pm.
Studio na Grobli, Na Grobli Street 30/32 Wrocław
The cycle will consist of four modules and will run from April 23, 2021 until the end of the year.
It is possible to sign up for the entire series of workshops I Am, as well as for individual workshops with the themes: Action, Relation, Voice, Community. You can find the application form at the link below: http://bit.ly/2PQflH7. Enrollment for the entire cycle and the first module – Action will last until April 9.
The workshop programme is open to actors, dancers, singers, performers, workshop leaders students and all those interested in deepening their experience in physical theatre techniques.
About the workshops
Within the programme, the company will strongly support the participants in the process of self-discovery and development of personal potential within the theatrical frame, at the same time opening the possibility to question the work of the actor/performer and their active role in today’s society. This workshop programme will centre around the theme of The Other exploring freedom, seclusion and limits. The theme will be embedded within the broader cultural and social context, becoming a part of the contemporary discourse on exclusion, marginalisation and the stigmatisation of the Other.
The following technical elements will be developed in the workshops:
- ensemble work: physical and spatial awareness, action/reaction, protagonist/chorus relation, flow
- partnership exercises: listening and relation, elements of acrobatics and mutuality exercises, elements of contact
- body/voice work: work on breath, grounding, embodiment of the sound, work on resonators, work with text and action
- music and voice: harmony/dissonance, elements of polyphonic singing, work on rhythm, vocal improvisation, work with text
- improvisation and composition: composition of physical score, dynamic and dramaturgy of the physical action, relation between physical score and music, relation between physical score and text
- elements of relaxation and visualisation
In addition to the elements strictly correlated with actor training, we will also focus on how to lead and apply theatrical techniques in non-theatre environments (i.e. prisons, refugee camps, with people with physical and mental disabilities). In the course of the final workshop, I Am: Community, Jubilo leaders will accompany the group in the process of acquisition, analysis and development of personal exercises, supporting the participant’s process of becoming a future leader of work.
Full programme (I Am) – 355 EUR
Single workshop (Action, Relation, Voice or Community) – 100 EUR